Sunday 26 January 2014

Confessions of a croc wearing gringo.

If someone would have told me I would be wearing crocs at the tender age of 24 I would have snorted in their face, however here I sit cross legged, staring out at the world without a foot grumble in sight thanks to my spacious airy lilac crocs. I came across a fake cheap pair whilst on a flipflop mission and laughed at the idea of actually placing them on my kippers however with Lyndon's genuine and slightly worrying intention to buy some I found myself relenting due to peer pressure. Now there's no looking back. Yoga and crocs are part of my everyday life. Forget the malicious pinching of a flipflop or the brutal blisters from a sandal, the croc fully emcompasses your foot leaving room for plenty of movement as well as breathing holes so you can feel that fresh summer breeze between your toes. Its even satisfying to swim in them if the waters are shallow with rocky seabeds and they really enhance a bikini or a pair of speedos. In the brisk evenings of rainy season here I slip on a pair of thick walking socks and then pop my crocs over them without a shred of shame, I'm scared of what's coming over me. I fear a bandana is next. An intervention is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment